O Little Church of Bethlehem
by PamFord Davis

Do you attend a large church? Many congregation memberships number in the thousands, yet through small bible study groups fellowship is personal and warm. My husband and I were a part of large church outreach in South Florida; though the building complexes resembled colleges, we received the warm welcome of country churches.

Bigger is not a guarantee of better in government, education or worship. God can show His power and purpose through seemingly insignificant people, places, and plans. The Christmas story centered in a small town of Bethlehem; the life of the Savior began in a simple stable, and good news traveled fast through shabbily dressed shepherds.

O little church of Bethlehem God is blessing me through my recent move to Bethlehem Baptist Church, Oak Grove, Louisiana. I have the privilege of worshiping in Bethlehem this Christmas, feeling a sense of awe in remembrance of Bethlehem, birthplace of the Christ child.

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from old, From everlasting (Micah 5:2 NKJ)."

Bethlehem did not find notoriety in natural resources, bustling city streets or industry, and yet people flock to the city yearly, wishing to see where Jesus was born. Jehovah may have a special calling for one among you where you worship. He reveals His glory through teachable servants; I need to be willing to go where He leads.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print