A Matter Of Love
by Bob Valleau

When I first joined Facebook, I thought to myself: "Wow. Now I can share with old friends and new my passion, likes and dislikes." After being on Facebook for awhile, I wonder why I made it into such a big deal.

A lot of us want to tell others who we are and why we exist. We seek empathy, and, in some cases, sympathy. This isn't bad, but some on Facebook take chronicling their lives to the extreme. They are so busy posting their life online that they leave little room to actually live it. Social networking sites give people a platform to express their answer to an important question: Do I matter? I have often asked God the same question but usually add an addendum: Why do I matter?

During His ministry, Jesus took the time to tell others that they mattered. On many occasions, He went out of His way to demonstrate God's unconditional love. Then, out of that love, He paid the ultimate sacrifice for our salvation. His life, death and resurrection was all a part of God's plan -- because God saw in us lasting value, or eternal worth. So the answer to the question, "Do I matter?" comes a resounding, "Yes," that continues to echo throughout the ages even until today.

The answer to the addendum, "Why do I matter?" is just as important. The reason we matter to God is because we exist. Let me illustrate. Think for a moment about a newborn baby. Why do we love it so? He or she hasn't had time to form an opinion about anything -- good or bad. We love newborn babies simply because they "are." They coo and goo. They wiggle and giggle. Just their presence is a statement of God's continuing creativity. Whenever I see a newborn baby, I am overwhelmed by joy, and then I think of them as a symbol of hope for the human race. How much more must God be pleased when another one of His miracles, with unlimited possibilities, is birthed into this world?

Over the years, I have often wondered if God cares for me, but even more, I have wondered if I mattered enough for Him to care. Time and again, He brings me to a place called Calvary. As I look up into His son's beaten and bloodied eyes, I feel every drop of His unconditional love fall upon my face. I am reminded that there is no greater mercy and no greater grace than what Jesus accomplished that day upon the cross.

Do I matter? Yes, I do.
Why do I matter? Because I exist.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print