God's Supreme Gift
by PamFord Davis

Newborn babies are so fragile; we are almost afraid to hold them. Mothers often have to coax daddy to hold them with words of encouragement; they won't break! We hold the babies in our arms providing safety and security. Christmas is a family time; baby's first Christmas is a time of rejoicing for all involved.

Mary and Joseph were flesh and blood; they experienced the same fears and thrills of parenthood as us. They shared dreams of a bright future for God's supreme gift to the world. (John 3:16) Gabriel's messages rang in their ears as they heard Jesus' first cry. Mary and Joseph sheltered God's son in their arms, knowing too well they could not shelter Him from rejection.

Christmas turned to crucifixion; His outstretched arms sheltered us from sin's death- blow. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23 HCS)." Father, Your gift is beyond description; I run to you for shelter in life's storms; shield me in Your mighty arms.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print