What Means This Christmas Babe?
by BILL HUNT

What means this Jesus? One thing about Christmas, we celebrate him as a baby. He's really, if I may say, an adult in Glory at the Throne of his Father, not a baby....

So many find it easy to regard him as an infant but shy away from his teaching as God and man. What gives? Mankind is always confronted by his teachings. So much so, each person must regard him either as a liar, a lunatic, or the truth.

When investigated, the evidence is overwhelming, but it's faith that draws the conclusion. If he truly is the Son of God, should we not heed his teaching? So many fear to face him (John 18:38 NKJ).

"What is truth?"

They fear to contrast their lives with his truth. In so doing, they miss the forgiveness which flows from his cross. (Luke 13:3).

"But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

At Christmas, we see incredible events unfold as God introduces the birth of his son.

The Angel Gabriel comes to a virgin named Mary to tell her she is highly favored of God. She will have a son and name him Jesus. He will be the Son of the Most High, and his kingdom will never end. This will happen as the Holy Spirit overshadows her, and her babe will be called the Son of God (Luke 1:26-80 NKJ).

Elizabeth, her relative, exclaims by the Holy Spirit that Mary is, indeed, the mother of the Lord. Zechariah prophesies by the Holy Spirit, their son, John, will be the prophet of the Most High to prepare the way for the Lord.

The angel appears again, this time to Joseph, to settle in the young husband the babe is conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and to name him Jesus. He will save his people from their sins (Matt 1:18-25).

Jesus is born in a humble field manger
with Joseph and Mary, his parents.

The angel appears to shepherds near Bethlehem to announce in Glory the moment of the birth of the Messiah. He is accompanied by a host of angels declaring this divine event is a blessing from God to mankind (Luke 2:1-20).

Eight days later, as the parents meet the purification ritual and dedicate the first-born son to God in the temple, two elderly prophets, Anna and Simeon, declare the babe's divine destiny (Luke 2:21-40).

Within a short time, a group of wise Magi from the East, study the scriptures and follow a star. They travel an arduous journey to pay homage to the child with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh (Matt 2:1-18). This is not a normal event.

The Angel Gabriel warns Joseph to flee with the child and his mother to Egypt because of impending danger. King Herod seeks to kill the child. Evil rears his head as Herod jealously orders the bloody slaughter of every baby boy under two years of age in Bethlehem.

Herod certainly substantiated his belief in the Messiah through the screams of mothers.

How can anyone ignore the ultimate decision? Who do you believe this Jesus is, a liar, a lunatic, or the truth? Discover Jesus at Christmas as a babe, but know him as a man. He is the Son of God.

Bill Hunt dedicated his marriage to discovering God's 100 million miracles in life. As a Christian Writer, administrator, and career educator, he writes true miracle stories and Christian teachings on FaithWriters and CornerRetreat.blogspot.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print