Above all else
by beatrice ofwona

People will always relate, communicate and form relationships because our God created us this way. However, when opportunity calls for people to part ways, this too will be made possible by God because only He can make us share our feelings from the depths of our hearts and then let go. Oftentimes we will keep in touch with these dear ones and let them know how we are doing even as we inquire of their health. The book of 3John is one such letter of the disciple John to his dear friend Gaius. He advises him on various issues.

Bodily health is of utmost importance and there is need for one to beware of the ageing predicament. There is a strong connection between mental health and physical wellness such that if the mind is tired, then one's productivity is affected. We therefore need a healthy body to fulfill God's mandate. We will certainly be of no use if we overwork ourselves and fail the test. Balance is key in life and especially if we are to fulfill God's will for our lives. But even as we serve God, let us do so with zeal because there will come a time when we will be old and all the joints in our body will be aching and disabling us from moving as much or as fast as we would like.

The soul's health is also of paramount importance. In this we trust God for big spiritual eyes to see what He wants us to see and big ears to hear Him when He speaks. This is the only way we will be able to see the vision that is in us and that He saw in us before He ever formed us. Where there is no vision of God, people perish.

Prosperity is not bad in itself and especially if it is tuned to God's will for our lives. We should therefore seek to prosper in secular matters that could impact our ministries. We are not created to live for ourselves but rather to serve others with our gifts, talents and possessions. Serving God usually comes with sacrifice because there is always a cost to giving yourself to God. In this way we are able to share that which He has blessed us with. When we tune ourselves to God therefore, He comes through for us. Spiritual discipline is about sacrifice. It may cost our time or finances but it will be worth our while when God turns attention our way.

Be defined as Christ. Be the light and salt of the earth such that wherever you are and whatever you are doing, you do not bring shame to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Strive to be an all round Christian in whichever field you are in, expressing faith and good service in your profession or training. If you are in computers, be the best technician they ever saw. If you are a Christian janitor, let the rest see the Christ-like dedication in your work. Be like our God through Jesus Christ who in Genesis 1:31 saw that all He had made was very good. If you allow God to use you in your profession then people will see how your workmanship glorifies Him. Do not squander any opportunities to be used of God. Express your faith through what you are doing. Use what He has given you to serve Him. Always be used of God.

Above all else, be of good health, sound mind, healthy soul and be prosperous even in the secular world because these too can be used to expand the kingdom of God in resources and in good will.

(Word count-607)


May these words (sermons), from various men and women of God be a blessing to all. 

contact:[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print