Hold Up Their Hands
by PamFord Davis

Spiritual leaders are not super-stars to be idolized; they are men and women serving God through ministry to others. They get discouraged and weary and need supportive family and friends. Words of appreciation and encouraging embraces revitalize, renew, and restore our shepherds, missionaries and evangelists.

Moses took his place at a mountaintop, overlooking a battle. "And as long as Moses held up the rod in his hands, Israel was winning; but whenever he rested his arms at his sides, the soldiers of Amalek were winning. Moses' arms finally became too tired to hold up the rod any longer; so Aaron and Hur rolled a stone for him to sit on, and they stood on each side, holding up his hands until sunset (Exodus 17:11-12 The Book/Living Bible)." God gave the victory. The Israelites defeated the enemy through teamwork; Moses prayed, his friends gave physical and moral support and the warriors faced the enemy in combat.

Our leaders biggest need is prayer support. They sense God's power in their ministry when they are held up to God by faithful prayer warriors. Our prayers do not have to be formal, best to be faithful and sincere. We can encourage them with letters, emails, phone calls and visits. They need friends they can count on in the difficult times. Lastly, our pastors need regular attendance in their worship services. Stand by them, hold up their hands during prayer and ministry. Victory is the reward!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print