Big Bad Wolf
by PamFord Davis

He huffs, he puffs, but he cannot blow the house down! Children listen with apt attention as a parent or teacher reads the timeless story of the Three Little Pigs. The big bad wolf is so scary, and they fear for the safety of the three pigs.

The moral of the story is simple; take your time and use dependable building materials. Our homes should provide refuge and protection against attack; the wise know a good life requires hard work and a solid foundation.

How would you like the nickname of wolf? "Benjamin is like a vicious wolf. Morning and evening he kills and devours (Genesis 49:27 TEV)." The scriptures do not give many details about the youngest son of Jacob. He is best known as the "brother of Joseph." Possibly Jacob pampered him to such an extreme he became self centered and violent.

He huffs, he puffs, but he cannot blow God's house down! We are God's house; he abides within trusting hearts. Satan, like the big bad wolf makes a lot of noise and boasts in his ability to destroy us. We remain safe behind the sealed door of the cross!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print