Opening Act
by PamFord Davis

I attended many rock and roll concerts in my earlier years. I saw Bobby Vinton, Tony Orlando, and Ray Stevens when they were young whipper-snappers. I enjoyed the harmony of The Four Seasons on a couple occasions and got more than I expected at concerts by the Beach Boys and Elvis.

Concerts begin with an opening act; they warm up the crowd and create excitement and anticipation for the top billing. I remember the big names; I find it nearly impossible to recall the opening acts.

John the Baptist set the stage for Jesus; multitudes hustled to catch the opening act. "God sent his messenger, a man named John, who came to tell people about the light, so that all should hear the message and believe. He himself was not the light; he came to tell about the light. This was the real light - the light that comes into the world and shines on all mankind (John 1:6-9 TEV)." John the Baptist warmed up the crowd with fiery messages of repentance. He turned the spotlight on Jesus; Christ took center stage and his glory drew listeners to the kingdom of heaven.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print