The Make It Happen Moment ® Talent Plus
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "At any given time, we must be willing to give up all we have in order to become all we can be!" - John C. Maxwell

One afternoon while my children and I were at a state park near our home celebrating with our church the sending of a missionary friend to India, we were told that there was an eagle's nest in the park with little eaglets. Intrigued by the possibility of seeing real eagles in their natural habitat, my children and I walked over to the identified lookout post and began to watch for them. With the help of some binoculars provided by a professional bird watcher, we were able to spot the eagles and observe their elegant flight patterns in, out, and around their nestled home high up in one of the treetops.

One thing that I've recently learned about eagles is that when it becomes time for their eaglets to leave the safety of their nests and learn to fly, the momma eagle begins to pull out all of the cushioned particles of the nest to make it prickly and uncomfortable. Additionally, she will take the eaglets in her grasp, fly high into the air, and then drop the eaglets toward the ground. Then right before they hit the ground - if they aren't flying yet - she will swiftly fly underneath and pick them up under her wings. This routine will be repeated until each little eaglet learns how to safely fly on their own. Wow!

As a leader, have you ever felt like the safety zone of your comfortable nests with people, places, and positions were being made prickly and uncomfortable because it was time for you to take flight into new realms of faith, promise, and purpose in God? If you have, then like a little eaglet, you know what it feels like when the Lord calls you to leave the safety of the nest and completely trust Him until you learn how to fly in the good future He has planned for you. And unfortunately, it doesn't matter how much gifting and talent that you and I may have been given at birth, if we don't exercise those gifts and talents with faith in God, the Giver of those gifts, we will never learn how to properly fly into the great destiny that God has uniquely planned for each of us as leaders.

In fact, do you know that it is impossible to please God without faith? Hebrews 11:6 states, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him [God], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Furthermore, John 15:5 states, "I [Jesus] am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." Therefore, regardless of our talent and gifts from God, it is clear from the Bible that we will never fully step into our true destiny unless we trust the Lord completely with our entire lives and abide in the shelter of His wings. Like eagles, leaders are created to fly; however, leaders of righteousness in God are created to fly in the abiding presence of the Lord as they put their total and complete trust in the shelter of His wings. With a spirit of faith and excellence, lead as an eagle of righteousness in God with a heart like King David expressed toward the Lord in Psalms 61:4 stating, "I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."

The Make It Happen Risk-Taking Value: "Make It Happen" People Take Calculated Risks In The Pursuit Of Excellence!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Talent Plus Copyright 2010, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Talent Plus, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print