Increased in Number
by PamFord Davis

Numbers are indicators; governments conduct a census to get accurate population numbers and pollsters make a living counting a multitude of people's opinions, both preferences and dislikes. School boards plan for the upcoming year by predicted numbers in enrollment and military might is determined by numbers in active duty and average recruitment.

Churches are frequently criticized for their attention to numbers; it is not a just accusation, numbers represent people and each and every one counted is precious in God's sight. The Scriptures tell of a nation well aware of the importance of numbers.

"After Joseph, his brothers, and everyone else in that generation had died, the people of Israel became so numerous that the whole region of Goshen was full of them (Exodus 1:6 CEV)." The Egyptian king feared the numerical growth of Israelites could cause a loss of military strength for his nation and an advantage to the enemies. (Verses 8-10) Numbers do matter; we need to be busy inviting more to the kingdom of God.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print