Over the Threshold
by PamFord Davis

A man and woman make a lifelong commitment with stammering vows and wobbly knees. They promise to love and cherish "till death do us part" and seal it with a passionate kiss. The happy couple cuts the towering cake; hopeful unwed girls scamper in attempts to catch the bouquet and be the next bride down the aisle. Well wishers throw rice and tied cans trail behind the getaway vehicle.

It is official; the ink has dried on the wedding license, they are now husband and wife! Upon arrival at their honeymoon destination the groom checks in and escorts his new bride to the honeymoon suite. He unlocks the door to their future and carries her over the threshold.

We are the bride of Christ; the Lord has carried us above to heavenly places. "But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:4-6 NAS)." We yearn for the day when Christ will carry us over the threshold into our heavenly home! (John 14:1-3)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print