Unanimous Decision
by PamFord Davis

It's unanimous, the issue carries! Are you involved in critical decisions at home, office, church, community, state and nation? Your opinion counts; God expects us to be light in darkness, salt to preserve and add flavor, being his ambassadors of reconciliation and peace amidst conflict.

How often do votes reflect a unanimous decision? Very often the vote is split down the middle, there is no clear winner. Those involved may postpone a final answer till a later date, calling for recount or run-off. It's hard to get people to rally around any issue with little enthusiastic backing.

Is a unanimous decision a guarantee that we have made the right decision? "So the administrators and the satraps went as a group to the king and said: 'O King Darius, live forever! The royal administrators, prefects, satraps, advisers and governors have all agreed that the king should issue an edict and enforce the decree that anyone who prays to any god or man during the next thirty days, except to you, O king, shall be thrown into the lions' den (Daniel 6:6-7 NAS)." The public officials were in total agreement, their unanimous decision would lead to persecution of Jews.

"So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den (Daniel 6:16a NAS)." His fate did not rest in the hands of a bad decision; he found protection in his deliverer! "My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions (Daniel 6:22a NAS). Believers rejoice in their unanimous decision; God is in control!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print