His Word is His Bond
by PamFord Davis

Integrity and character are signs of strength and dependability; we place our trust in those we deem to be trustworthy. Two parties forge agreements with official signing of contracts and placement of a notary seal. Many remember the days when a man's word was his bond; his character replaced need for collateral, forging agreement and sealed by a handshake.

We live in a haze of "what if" mentality. Can I really trust God to keep all his promises? Will he meet all my needs? What if problems come? He is faithful and true; I can take him at his word! "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us. 'If you can?' said Jesus, Everything is possible for him who believes.' Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief (Mark 9:22b-24 NIV)!"

He took Jesus at his word with honest confession of halfhearted faith; he saw living proof of Jesus ability to live up to his word. The man's son was miraculously healed from evil spirits through Jesus words of command to demons to come out and stay out! (Verse 25) Lord, forgive me for not taking you at your word. My unbelief grieves you, hindering our relationship and my influence; I place my hand in yours.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print