Even Atheists Know There Is A God
by Robert Driskell

The Bible says that everyone in the world receives the knowledge that God exists. There is no doubt, for those of us who take the Bible to be God's Word, that God made it unavoidable that everyone knows of His existence.

The Bible says that God reveals Himself to us through nature:
because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
God's self-revelation, through what He has made, leaves us without an excuse for not responding to Him. (Romans 1:19-20 NASB)

The Bible also tells us that the Holy Spirit is working with the people of the world by impressing their hearts with certain information:
"And He [the Holy Spirit], when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; (John 16:8 NASB)
The Holy Spirit is even now touching the hearts of people in order that they might realize their sinful condition, their need of a Savior, and the future judgment of mankind.

Jesus enlightens every man: There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man (John 1:9 NASB). Every person who comes into the world, at some point in their life, receives the knowledge of the truth of God. No one can truthfully say they are ignorant of the existence of God.

Everyone will experience a time in their life when they know they need God. What they do with that knowledge determines their eternal destiny and destination. A choice is made either to follow and obey God or to ignore and rebel against Him. Everyone must make this choice.

Even atheists know the truth, in whole or in part, of the existence of God. They either acknowledge the reality of God and refuse to worship Him, or they have disbelieved for so long that their consciences are dulled and they no longer feel the guilt, or conviction, of their sin or the truth of God.

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1; 53:1 NASB)

They don't believe in God.

But, they can't say they never knew.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print