Atheists Should Heed Jesus' Warning
by Robert Driskell

Atheists are constantly complaining that Christians are trying to force Christian beliefs on people. This can be seen on any atheistic website which, coincidentally, seeks to impress atheistic beliefs on people.

However; reasonable Christians do not want to force their beliefs on anyone. They understand that no one can be forced to believe something they do not believe. Christians care enough about people to want to share with them the good news of the availability a right relationship with God through faith in Christ. Christians present The Truth to people in the hope that those people will recognize it and respond positively.

Christians seek to offer reasons for what, and why, we believe. It seems that this upsets atheists enough to motivate them to aggressively, vocally, and publicly, oppose Christianity.

The Bible has multiple warnings against those who reject His truth:
"because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS." (Romans 2:5-6 NASB)

The Bible claims that everyone knows, in their heart, the fact of God's existence:
"that which is known about God is evident within them" (Romans 1:19 NASB)
So, the atheist is either being dishonest with himself and others, or he has so seared his conscience that he actually believes there is no God.

It's bad enough that atheists personally reject God, but they also seek to convince others to follow the path of Godlessness. Not only are they rebelling against God in order to follow their own desires and plans, but they try to lead others away from Him also.

Jesus spoke directly to this issue in the three synoptic Gospels:
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea." (Mark 9:42 NASB, cf. Luke 17:2, Matthew 18:6)

Now, whether that statement is metaphoric, literal, hyperbolic, or something else, is irrelevant. When God incarnate issues a warning, it makes sense to take heed. He will be the One to judge each and every one of usit is His right.

Please consider the weight of His warning.


(C) 2011 Robert Driskell



Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print