Promises That Are Really Reliable and Promises That Are Kept
by Marijo Phelps

Thinking back to childhood I remember those statement we made to a friend ending with "I promise you, cross my heart and hope to die!" Sometimes we weren't able to keep those childish commitments no matter how strong our intent had been.

Today, I try not to promise. I try to say if it is at all possible I will do thus and so. Or I might say, I can't promise you that circumstances will not come up where I could keep this quiet. I have found, over the years, that sometimes things need to be told or shared in order for accounts to be cleared and healing or forgiveness take place.

There are other things we can promise with a clarity of heart knowing that with God's help we can stick with our commitment.

Are there promises we can hold on to? You'd better believe there are and they are found in the Word of God. There are many, many that should be an encouragement to us each and every day. We need to read His Word and apply it to our life and walk and even use the Word as a basis for our prayers. God said it and we can pray it. Why not leave the demons trembling? They cannot argue with God's Word. He is whispering to us even now:

Lift up my Son. Sing to Him your new song. Be faithful to my Word and the promises are yours.

Psalm 33:3
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. (NIV)

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. (NIV)

John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. (NIV)

John 12:32
But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." (NIV)

2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. (NIV)

2 Corinthians 7:1
Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. (NIV)

Prayer: Oh, dear Jesus, help us to grasp what You have promised and know that You are ever so true to Your Word. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print