The Flavour of Jesus (2) - health
by Richard L. Provencher

JESUS is known as the Great Physician, a miracle worker. I know because He provided my healing during a stroke recovery, which began on August 24, 1999. So many times we expose ourselves to the demands of our world, through rugged and competitive business environments.

Stress is a trigger, which slams us into the ground in a variety of ways. And so often we rely solely on prescription drugs, rather than take time to pray for our healing. The world uses advertisement in a big way to promote man's way of dealing with sickness. No wonder we get confused at the best way to deal with a situation.

Many years ago, I was hiking along a trail with my friend, on our way to a good fishing spot. In the woods of northern Quebec, were many animal trails and we searched them all for game. Partridge hunting was a favourite sport and often we would separate and cover a particular hillside.

For some reason I felt a fear in my heart, and often wondered if this omen meant I had wandered into wolverine territory. This 35-pound beast was a feared creature of the deep woods, and anxiously I yelled out for Harry, my buddy. No answer.

I had no desire to tackle this animal, which had the reputation of even tackling a bear if it wandered into his territory. So I backtracked immediately, leaving the area quite quickly. My fear was only overcome by prayer - the flavour of Jesus.

* * *

(c) Richard L. Provencher 2011

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print