Portable Pulpit
by PamFord Davis

The preacher takes his place in the pulpit and draws the attention of a restless congregation; worshipers frequently glance at timepieces and the opportunity to respond quickly slips away. We should expand our commitment concepts and allow the Lord to take priority outside of the church building. He is present in our homes, workplace and everywhere we meet. Does he have the floor?

"So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon's and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat (Luke 5:1-3 NKJ)."

The fishermen were taking a well deserved break. They felt as comfortable in bouncing boats as their homes of refuge. They barely noticed the stench of fish and bait; did they ever consider the boats beneficial for worship? Jesus did not ask Simon to swab the deck or whitewash weathered boards; he only asked him to distance Him from the shore. The place of menial labor became a pulpit of power!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print