Have You Ever Had A Prayer Partner?
by Marijo Phelps

A prayer partner can be a spouse, friend, brother or sister in the Lord if you have never had one, pray about one it is one of the best things in LIFE!

I worked for over nine years at Every Home for Christ where they encouraged us to spend at least a half hour a day in prayer. They hoped we might partner up with someone else on staff and commit to pray together. What a blessing, to be able to share concerns, pray for the ministry and each other and keep lists of how God moved and answered our prayers.

Some of the things we prayed about were so tiny but important to my prayer partner and me, some were about world events, some were things which affected the ministry worldwide. ALL were important to our God.

The scripture speaks about where two or three are gathered together Jesus is there with them. Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (NKJV)

We definitely experienced that promise as Carol and I prayed together. It has been almost six years since we worked together and we still meet and share prayer requests. The Lord never got tired of being with us and answering those prayers either. It is a joy to reflect on His faithfulness and all we learned as we prayed together.

I felt the Holy Spirit laid the following on my heart regarding praying with a prayer partner:

Seek Me first and early, then draw together (at least) daily. Enter with thanksgiving and praise you do not see in the unseen realm except that which I reveal. Know much moves on "little" prayers and praises, much is halted because of lack thereof. There is no bondage, but freedom and release in Me, the great I Am.

There are times and seasons of heated battle and times of relative rest. Remember to pray always without ceasing. I Am there in the midst of you, need you any other reason or cause?

There are times when you are together solely to delight in My presence. Your obedience and steadfastness pleases Me and I enjoy communion with you, that's reason enough. My daughters, I Am pleased. I will give you boundaries/guidelines, fear not, haven't I always been faithful? Yours is to stay yielded.

Your openness and receptiveness I love. I will direct your enthusiasm to flow most constructively. It will not destroy nor should you destroy it. I will channel it. Remain open and teachable. You have no idea what I desire to do and am doing. You are each and both priceless. I want to steep you in prayer fellowship so it will become a vital, non-dying part of your lives to be continued with your mates, never to be abandoned therein lies the strength in relationship communion/communication in and through Me.

You are and do delight my countenance know and receive my peace. Ask. I will explain. Go forward, I will check and guard. You ARE mine. No condemnation. You are seeing the way and balance. I love you, daughters. Selah

Dearest Jesus, please bless all my former and present prayer partners. Keep teaching and leading and "growing" us up in You. May we be able to teach others the incredible multiplication of two praying together.

Deuteronomy 32:29-31 (New International Version)
If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be! How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the LORD had given them up? For their rock is not like our Rock, as even our enemies concede.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print