Save my brother first, said Jordan Rice.
by Jasti Victor

Jordan Rice, 13 and his mother Donna, 43, were swept away in a car in Australia's deadly flash floods, but before that he had seen to that his younger brother, 10 year old Blake, was rescued.

Warren McErlean tied one end of a rope to a post, the other around his waist and tried rescuing the Rices, who were trapped inside their car in a street in the city of Toowoomba, 80 miles west of Brisbane. But Warren was swept downstream. Another rescuer, Chris, pulled Warren to safety before tying the rope to himself and approached the car to grab Jordan. But Jordan said, "Save my brother first," and so Chris took Blake and handed him to Warren.

They both, Warren and Chris couldn't save Jordan and his mother Donna as the rope snapped and the car was swept away.

The Bible says in 1 John 4:12, No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Love is defined as 1) feel affection for 2) care for 3) be in love with.

Jordan three years elder to Blake hath not seen God at anytime. But he loved his brother so much, that he gave up his chance to be rescued, and asked that his younger brother be rescued. And by that simple act, showed that God dwelleth in him.

Victor Jasti lives in India and is passionate about writing short stories based on the Bible and real incidents. He also writes Christian fiction and poetry. Five of his poems were published in Temporal Currents compiled by an American author, Ms. Christine Tricarico.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print