Sex and Purity in the Beginning
by BILL HUNT

Sexual sin is much like a venomous spider catching a fly. The spider builds an attractive web in an opportune place. The unwary fly comes along and almost by accident is caught up. The spider attacks and solidly wraps the fly tying him in an inescapable casing. At his leisure, the spider will eat the fly. Safe strategy for the fly, of course, would be to veer away from the web in the first place.

"This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh," said Adam.

"For this reason a man shall leave father and mother and be one with his wife." said God. In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve experienced bliss with no sin. They walked naked together and enjoyed union with God until the day they rebelled, disobeyed, and sinned. God designed man and woman to unite in a wonderful bond as husband and wife. God designed them to reflect his love, to live in physical love with each other, and to create children to continue the human race.

"Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy."

"Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy'" (Lev 19:1-2 NIV) the Lord said to Moses. On Mount Horeb, God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. The commands included sexual protection, "You shall not commit adultery" and "You shall not covet your neighbor's wife" (Exodus 20 NIV). God gave the commandments for the well being of mankind.

Joseph was one man who showed he could overcome temptation and obey the commandments. Joseph was a servant of God who resisted strong seduction from his boss's, Potipher's, wife. In Egypt, the feminine dress was frequently transparent fabric. No easy temptation. Although he refused her advances, her false accusations cost him fourteen years in prison.

"No one is greater in this house than I am.

"My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?" And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her. One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house (Gen 39: 9-12 NIV).

Joseph proved a man could stand and be free before his God and not be forced to become a slave to sin to another's seduction. For this he paid a heavy price of fourteen years in prison. But God rewarded Joseph for his faithfulness. God gave him a spiritual gift of dreams through which Pharaoh assigned Joseph to become Prime Minister of Egypt. Joseph, as a result, saved the country from famine and his own relations from starvation.

Bill Hunt dedicated his marriage to discovering God's 100 million miracles in life. As a Christian Writer, administrator, and career educator, he writes true miracle stories and Christian teachings on FaithWriters and CornerRetreat.blogspot.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print