Romance at the Bookstore
by Tracy Nunes

A look of longing hides behind her eyes and there is a melancholy turn to her lips. She sits crossed-legged in the aisle facing the shelves of books. She pulls out one paperback after another, meticulously reading the back covers, looking for the right book. She begins a stack.


After a little while she shifts to her knees and continues her hunt. She is focused and seemingly unaware of her surroundings. One book after another receives her attention. She finally narrows it down to her choice of three and she looks satisfiedeven hopeful.


She appears to mentally calculate the cost of the trio of books and as she does she notices that I am watching her. I felt drawn to her quest, but I never intended to stare. She looks at me and gives me that, "Do I know you?" look. You know, the one that isn't really about knowing you. Its more about "whatisyour.problem?"


I turn away, realizing that I was being rude. She gets up off of her knees and grabs her precious load and prepares to purchase something that she hopes will fill the yearning in her heart.a romance novel. Three of them, to be exact.


Searching for something to fill that longing, that craving, even for a bit of the timeless and the beautiful. Something to stir her heart and satisfy her soul. I can almost hear the swish of Jesus' robes as He follows after her to the cashier, calling her to the True Romance as He whispers, "Come with me my Beloved. Only I have what you hunger and thirst for."

Tracy grew up in Hawaii but now resides in Tennessee with Richard, her husband of 32 years.  They have two daughters and six grandchildren.  Writing came after homeschooling her girls and a career in real estate management. She doesn't claim to have all the answers but she knows the One who does.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print