There's a Whole lot of Shaking going on
by Jack Vorster

The law of cause and effect in life is in operation at all times and it hardly receives a passing glance. But there is another law that we should take very seriously, for it is violently shaking the very substance of our being with malicious intent.

If you were holding a full glass of water in your hand and somebody deliberately shook your arm, you would, undoubtedly, spill quite a bit of that water. If someone else came upon the scene and asked, "How did you spill the water?" it is likely that you would explain that somebody shook your arm and caused you to spill the water.

That's one way of looking at it. However, the real reason why you spilled the water - was because there was water in the glass. In other words, what was in the glass came out of the glass when somebody shook you.

Now what has this got to do with anything? It is this. Just like with that glass filled with water, what is in you will come out of you when you get shaken in life. If you are filled with anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, envy, jealousy and vengeance then these are the things that will come to the fore when others start shaking sensitive areas of your life. This would be so because of the emotional condition you are in as a result of painful past experiences.

Now just hold on to that for a while. I'm going to paint two pictures for you.

The first picture:

The first picture is this. When Adam transgressed in the Garden of Eden he caused the fall of every human creature since then. God called it sin. Sin ushered in spiritual death (spiritual separation from God) and a CURSE upon all men, as well as upon the Earth itself. This CONDITION called sin attached itself to all generations of men since then and the Earth became the breeding ground for all manner of sicknesses and diseases. There was no escape for anyone from this CONDITION. Furthermore, the "container" (like the glass) for this condition was a SPIRITUAL one, which is the very foundation for the life that is in man.

The CONDITION of sin, therefore, is within every man. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" ( Romans 5:12)

The point? The CONDITION of sin shakes every man and what is in that CONDITION (including sicknesses and diseases) comes out of man and manifests itself in the physical body of man on a continual basis.

Now please understand this: Regardless of how you try and conduct your life whether you have committed sinful acts "lately" or not, sin is a condition WITHIN you. You were born with it and the symptoms (sicknesses and diseases) of this sinful CONDITION within you will raise their ugly heads at any time. In other words, this CONDITION never ceases to SHAKE you. And why does it keep on shaking you? It keeps on shaking you because the decreed CURSE upon all things keeps on AGITATING that CONDITION.

So, no matter how good a person you consider yourself to be, you are and remain a prisoner of the CONDITION of SIN. The CURSE has, relentlessly, been contaminating everything in this world.

This CURSE became a LAW unto itself and applies itself indiscriminately simply because it is there and it loves what it is doing. As a matter of fact, it became known as the Law of Cursings when a Law to counter it was instituted, namely, the Law of Blessings

Along with the "inauguration" of the CONDITION of SIN way back then, a new nature was instilled in man a nature of aggression, conflict, strife, violence and vengeance. This new nature became the kindling to keep the fire of that CONDITION burning at a peak level so as to ensure powerful bursts of sicknesses and diseases, even to the point of fatality.

The second picture:

Along came the New Adam God Himself in the form of flesh.(link to For those who want to understand...) His name was Jesus Christ, the "express image" of God, also known as the Word of God. He came to undo the works of the first Adam. The CONDITION of SIN and the CURSE were about to be rendered a death blow. A whole new bout of shaking was about to rattle the cage of the CONDITION of SIN and flatten it under foot. "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1Cor. 15:22)

I believe the whole world is familiar with the Good News that Jesus Christ died for our sins, but it is the implication of this event that needs to be brought home. Most people relate to "our sins" as some of the bad things we have done in our lives and NOT the CONDITION of SIN we all bear. That is why a "good person" is not considered to be any better than the worst sinner. That good person is drenched in the very same mire of the CONDITION of SIN. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

Christ came to UNDO the CONDITION of SIN and LOOSE us from the bondage of the CURSE once and for all. "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" (Gal. 3:13)

Now just who is "every one that hangeth on a tree"? That's you and me, together with Christ. He drew us and the CURSE that was upon us to Himself and He signified it when He said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32)

The works of the devil the CURSE and its accompanying CONDITION of SIN - were destroyed on that Cross. "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." (1John 3:8)

There are 39 categories of sicknesses and diseases. Jesus received 39 lashes one lash for every category, so that we may be freed from it. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)

The birthright that we lost in the Garden of Eden was restored to us. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2Cor. 5:17)

There is only one thing left for us to do. And that is to BELIEVE that we now have a NEW CONDITION so that the BLESSINGS that come with it become manifest.

What else? Well, there's that little matter of being shaken in life. As a NEW creature in Christ, when you get shaken again, Christ, and everything He stands for, should be what comes out of you. Why? Because what is in you will come out of you when you get shaken.

Get the picture both of them?

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print