If My People...
by Robert Driskell

In 2 Chronicles 7:14 we read,

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (NKJV)

Can we apply this to our nation? Can we apply this to the church? Is this no longer applicable because it is in the Old Testament?

The present state of our nation and the current direction it is headed (economically, morally, etc.) is the result of a nation of individuals who value their autonomy more than they value obedience to the almighty God. Instead of living according to standard of behavior God has given us in His Word, we adhere to our own set of rules, if we have any rules at all. Greed is allowed to run unchecked and is even applauded in certain circles.

This behavior is not surprising from those who are lost and do not have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christit is NOT acceptable from those who love Jesus and claim to be His followers.

How does this verse apply to the nation of America today? We, as Christians, are God's people, so this verse applies directly to us.

The problem is that many Christians live their lives by following God just enough to imagine that they are safe. Instead of committing their entire life to Him, they draw an imaginary line which designates the bare minimum they have to do to be covered by His grace.

The present condition of our nation should be seen as a wake up call to Christians to re-evaluate our walk with God. To ask God to show us what we need to do to come into that place where we are COMPLETELY in His will.

A nation is not Christian or un-Christianonly the individuals who make up that nation can be "Christian", and this comes about by having a personal relationship with the God of the universe through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.

We who call ourselves Christians must allow God to search our hearts, show us where we need to change, and empower us to make those changes to live as He wants us to live. If we do not do that, we are as much to blame for the deterioration of our country, and world, as anyone elsemaybe more so.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print