Healing is for us
by Henry Miranda

Appropriating faith is not believing that God can, but that God will. The healing of the body is a central element of the gospel.

Know that it is God's will to heal. It is impossible to have real faith for healing as long as there is the slightest doubt as to it's not being God's will. It's not God's will for us to be sick it is God's will for us to be well.

Healing is not unconditionally promise to all Christians regardless of their conduct. The most important thing about healing is having Fellowship with God; God loves us and wants only the best for us. Our healing has been bought and paid for with the blood of Jesus.

Most important about healing is being right with God before asking for healing remember Jesus went to the cross in spirit, soul, and body to redeem man in spirit, soul and body. Jesus died for our: * sickness * pains * transgressions * iniquities * peace * healing, so we should have no doubt when we ask God for healing that we will be healed.

Appropriating faith is not believing that God can, but that God will. The healing of the body is a central element of the gospel.

As central as faith is to experiencing the Lord's healing touch, there is another biblical approach to receiving healing. It does not replace faith; rather, it seems to complement faith for healing by bringing another factor into the equation that is, the mercy of God. Healing is received by faith, but many of those seeking healing overlook another important way of access to God's healing touch that is, the mercy of God. Healing is the result of God's mercy and grace.

Mark 10:46-47 (NKJV) Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

A brief look in the Gospels will show Jesus healing people often in response to appeals to Him for mercy.

Mercy is defined by Webster's Dictionary as: 1) compassion or forbearance shown to an offender or subject; clemency or kindness extended to someone instead of strictness or severity; 2) a blessing regarded as an act of divine favor or compassion; 3) relief of distress; compassion shown to victims of misfortune.

Grace is defined by Webster's Dictionary as: 1) benificence or generosity shown by God to man; especially divine favor unmerited by man: the mercy of God as distinguished from his justice; 2) a short prayer either asking a blessing before or giving thanks after a meal; 3) disposition to kindness, favor, clemency or compassion: benign goodwill; the display of kindly treatment usually on the part of a superior.

Healing is God's mercy. The granting of mercy is governed solely by God's free and sovereign pleasure. We can't earn it. Anytime someone receives healing, it comes by God's mercy. We can cooperate and meet God's conditions, but the bottom line is, it's the mercy and grace of God. The Lord is not obligated to show His mercy on me or you, If He does not bestow mercy on us, and chooses rather to leave us in our sickness, this is His privilege. Trophimus was not healed, in 2 Timothy 4:20 it shows us that we are not always healed. We may not be healed at times, but god always has a reason.

Sometimes our sickness might be a reminder that we need to have more trust in God. Paul, the Scriptures tell us, that he had a torn on his side, but God told him his grace was sufficient. Read these Scriptures concerning Paul's vision and his thorn in 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 remember God had granted Paul a vision of the highest heaven, and Paul had heard words that couldn't be repeated and had seen sights that couldn't be recounted. But because of this experience, god had given him a "thorn"a weakness that continually reminded him of his utter dependence on god.

The exercise of God's mercy is always regulated by His sovereign will and pleasure. God is not influenced by anything other than that which pleases Him. Therefore He said to Moses, "I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy" (Exodus 33:19).

All sickness and pain is ultimately the result of sin especially the fatal sickness of death itself. But it is God's will to heal. Jesus intended healing to being part of the Christian mission of deliverance. Sin is the work of the devil so disease is of the devil. Faith begins where the will of God is known. Faith must rest on the will of God alone, and not our own desire or wishes.

We must learn to push out of the way and press beyond: * selfishness * disobedience *unconfessed sins * double mindedness *lukewarmness * doubt * emotions * feelings * symptoms.

Healing is God's will, The Old Testament records many occasions of healing by God's power. While He was on earth, Jesus was an instrument of healing to all who looked to Him in faith. Miraculous healings continued to accompany the ministries of the Apostles and other believers who walked in faith in the Lord's promises to heal the sick.

We must put away any sickness by our faith, just as we would put sin away. As Christian we must not consciously tolerate sin for a moment, yet how tolerant are we toward sickness, that we even pet and indulge our aches and pains, instead of resisting them as the works of the devil, but saying instead that we are suffering for Christ.

Faith is being so convinced of the absolute truth of the decorations of God that are recorded in the Bible that we act on them without doubt. Faith means to receive the written promise of God as his direct message to us. Praise God for your healing, because to withhold praise will show either unbelief or ingratitude. Praise him because praise is comely for the righteous. Psalms 33:1

it's important for us to remember that our Lord is gracious. Sometimes our healing doesn't occur right away, but in faith we must believe that it did occur. Even though we don't see it or feel it just knowing that God heals us is enough. It may take even up to a year or more at times the important thing is to keep the faith.

YOU ONLY NEED TO BELIVE IN YOUR HEALING; TO BE HEALED.

Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print