BABBIE MASON IN THE HOUSE
by la jackson

Lets look at another fantastic Word artist I had the opportunity to work with. Babbie Mason not only sings, but writes great songs and won a long list of premium awards, including the Dove and Stellar. Among her many accomplishments, she is well-known on the Presidents list: Ford, Carter and Bush have all been witnesses to Babbies graceful abilities. As a key participant in the widely talked about Women of Faith tour, Babbie Mason serves up superior intellect for women all over the country, if not the world. Even though Babbie Mason enjoys singing immensely, her greatest love is for God, her family, and the modern-day church. Her music can be found in church hymnals and is featured around the world on popular Gospel radio and television shows.

Moving to Atlanta from Jackson, Michigan, Babbie has long been festering Gods power; her dad was a founding pastor at a church where she grew up as the music minister AND pianist. As a music publisher, her songs have been recorded by notables such as her colleague and former Word labelmate Helen Baylor, the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, Larnelle Harris and Cece Winans. And check this one out"Masons All Rise has risen to become one of the most recorded songs in Christian music history! Heres a short list of just some of her popular tunes:

All In Favor
All Rise
Each One Reach One
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Jesus The One And Only
Pray On
Standing In The Gap
Trust His Heart
With All My Heart
Yours For Always

Babbies many attributes have led to her becoming an author and professor of songwriting at Atlanta Christian College and Lee University. Topping things off, Babbie more recently became a television talk-show host. When we last spoke, she told me about a slew of bookings that extended several years out: hows that for being in high demand?

Since Babbie was based in Marietta on the northwest tip of Atlanta during the middle to latter part of the 90s, I had a chance to develop a relationship that wound up lasting longer than my job at Sony did. It all started one night in the early 90s when I attended one of her shows at a huge Marietta church. In fact, it looked like a 10,000 seater; by far it was the largest church I had ever been in at the time. Babbie did an incredible show, and even the angels came out for that one. I met her husband Charles that night and since then, Ive stopped by their Powers Ferry offices on several occasions. We even grabbed an interesting lunch one day at a nearby Chinese restaurant"on the menu was Peking Roast Duck, complete with fried rice and egg drop soup; one thing I remember about lunch was that I forgot to drop the question of whether the egg was duck or chicken.

Specializing in music food for the soul, Babbie and her hubby Charles apply their cohesive spices to create a dish that needs no heat to be served up; it comes packing its own. These days, you can check out what Babbie and Charles have whipped up on DVD: a little music and laughter called Chuck Roast. While in the kitchen, embrace some desert why dont you? Babbies latest CD Embrace will wrap itself into, as well as around YOU"God sometimes uses the kitchen as a communication base for truth, you know!

This drives to mind a day of true divinity, when the victims of 9/11/01 were honored through Atlanta Unites. This was a benefit concert in Centennial Park that featured a host of Atlanta-based entertainers; including Babbie Mason and Arrested Development, who I was tagging along with at the time. I met A.D.s spiritual advisor Baba Oje earlier that year, and was doing some work to get a few new things going for him. The city really came out to support this event, and Arrested Development did not one, but two sets for the standing-room-only crowd. Atlanta Unites drew in over 75,000 people and was covered in features by every news agency in the country. Some footage I captured is definitely worth seeing, and Ive got parts of the event still locked down in my to-be-edited video stack because I was on the inside, looking out. When called to support Atlanta Unites, Babbie Mason and Arrested Development were right there to help out, and this let me know that God also uses the stage as a base for truth, through the compassion and melodic communication of artists like Babbie Mason and Arrested Development!

VIPs at Atlanta Unites included regional and national performers, Georgia Governor Roy Barnes, Senator Max Cleland, former U.S. ambassador and Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young, talk show host Montell Williams, and you could say I rubbed elbows and pressed the flesh with them and others that night. Ive heard the Lord works in mysterious ways: while walking through the backstage area before Arrested Developments second set, I bumped right into Babbie Mason"needless to say, I stayed for her show, picked up a double blessing and kept it moving.

A recent project Babbie took on was a musical called Right Where You Are. Reflecting her true passion for daily worship, she encourages Gods sheep to walk in faith and joy only attainable through Christ. As expected, she wrote most of the songs, and also collaborates through her inner circle which includes producer Cheryl Rogers and youngest son, Chaz. The song Yours For Always is a duet with Chaz that teamed them up for a rendition that call to mind Gospel greats like Bebe and Cece Winans. Chaz has been putting in work; growing up on the road with his mom, he has picked up on singing, songwriting and performing"all I can say is, between Babbie, her father and her son, there is a bright future ahead for the third generation of Babbies clan!

But wait folks theres more! You can be a part of Babbies spiritual clan by signing up to join her learning organization called Babbie Mason's Inner Circle. I kid you not, this is one event that could change every aspect of your life! Friday night and all day Saturday is spent in an intimate setting, up-close and personal with Babbie Mason, along with her closest industry friends and colleagues. Heres a chance to meet Christian artists and songwriters like the previously mentioned award-winning singer, Helen Baylor. There are also worship leaders like Morris Chapman and Carol Cymbala, the director of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

So if youre searching for a mentor in the music ministry, dreamed of someone to help you excel in your gifts and talents, or need someone to give you the tools and techniques to manage a successful music ministry, LOOK NO FURTHER! Babbie Masons Inner Circle is an intensive music workshop designed to do all that and more. Youll receive much needed inspiration, information, encouragement and networking opportunities here. At the Inner Circle, you can begin your career in the music ministry, jump-start your creativity by sharpening your songwriting skills, learning how to book, manage and promote your ministry online, understand the nuts and bolts of making a master CD on a budget and much more! So you are officially invited to share this exciting experience and meet other people who want to rise above in the Gospel music industry. Come on out and find your own personal mentor with their own personal touch of superior intellect.


Wrapping up our special treat, we re-emphasize that you can wet your faith buds by nibbling on Babbies Chuck Roast DVD while serving up desert with her latest CD, Embrace. You can also feed your faith by picking up Babbie Masons latest book FaithLift and grow your superior faith and intellect through her heavenly voice, songs, talk show, teaching and moderating skills. If thats not enough, please visit www.babbie.com and dont miss logging in for additional personal development at www.babbie.com/inner_circle.htm.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print