Has Fear Gripped Your Life?
by Rhonda Jones

Throughout the world most people have many problems and anxious concerns. These challenges and concerns can be best tackled by the beautiful words written long time ago by Apostle Paul. Paul wrote these words addressing them to his companion Timothy at a time when he was in great fear and he knew his days were numbered.

He referred to Timothy as his beloved son. He wrote ," For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:6-7)

All of us have experienced fear, but in varying degrees. Some people have been able to overcome it quickly while others are ensnared and pulled down so much that they are overwhelmed. Such fear could be fear of failure, fear of being lonely, fear of failing, uncertain about the future etc. Some people even carry loads of sins and would really want to be free but they fear changing their lifestyles.

Fear does not come from God, it comes from the devil who is the greatest enemy of truth and righteousness. Fear is the exact opposite of faith. Its effects are destructive and very deadly.
God has not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. These basic standards are the greatest remedies to cure fear. When we are weak and defeated, this verse gives us power. The power of the gospel, of truth, and faith comes back to us when we are able to cast out fear.

Christians must be strong enough even to encourage divinity to be evident in our daily dealings with their fellow men. We should not fear to be mocked because of our firm belief in Jesus Christ or even shy away from our faith. There is this great power in us to overcome fear and ridicule.

When we walk in the truth and its light, we have nothing to fear. The authority that comes from living righteously makes us bold enough and be able to cast out fear. Faith is another element that makes us strong and gives us the courage to free ourselves from fear.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love."

Going back to this scripture once again, it also talks about love. The love we have for God and fellow men is what is talked about here. When we love God we do not have fear in our hearts. The power of love is so great that it overcomes self doubts and fears, endless worries and disappointments.

This scripture also tells us that God has given us a sound mind. That is a mind free from worry, confusion, and anxiety. When are minds are filled with these toxic emotions it is an indication that we are not walking in God's spirit. It is up to us to eliminate or cast down every thought and imagine that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. That might mean meditating on uplifting scriptures, casting out the spirit of fear, or replacing negative thoughts with positive ones.

God promises to give us a peace that passes all understanding, but that means we must keep our eyes on him always. The scriptures say, "I will keep thee in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on me." The enemy may bombard you will all types of thoughts to steal your peace and joy, keep you from operating in love, or creating an unsound mind, but God has given us promises and provision to live a peaceful, loving, and holy life right here and now.

Rhonda Jones is the creator of over 25 Christian meditation and affirmation Cds and the author of the Christian makeover program, Help Me God Change My Life and A Date with God. Learn more at http://www.thechristianmeditator.com and http://www.holyandhealthyliving.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print