A Little Look at Love
by Marijo Phelps

Love could be chocolate and flowersLove is giving. Love is a commitment. Love should be forever but often times it is not. Love is a choice. Let's take a look at the "love chapter" from the best-selling book of all times:

1 Corinthians 13:4-15 (New King James Version)
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

WE place conditions on God's love for us. It isn't God placing conditions on His love. We become what we think other people think we are. We build barriers because we think we are inferior to them. We listen to the enemy. Most likely the other people weren't thinking that about us to being with.

Love needs to be two way (returned) We need to give and receive. Sometimes we can't receive because we feel unworthy.

1 John 3:18 (New King James Version)
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

Condemnation separates us from God and it is a LIE. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit and it is the truth gently nudging us to look.

We think "if I measure up then I'll be lovable". This is not unconditional love from God.
Some people cannot receive unconditional love and will lash out at you. We all have met them and have them in our lives. They don't feel "worthy" so dump of those close to them who think they need unconditional love anyway. It is almost like they feel they must punish someone who dares to care.

Philippians 3:10
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death

We can and must still choose to love. When we love unconditionally we are showing the love God offers to us. What a great give to give to those who are in our lives. Love, based not on who they are or what they produce or give us in return but love offered unconditionally. A mirror of that wonderful love Jesus gifts us with if we will but receive. No strings attached, he died on that cross for you and for me while we were yet sinners. Could there ever be a greater love than this, the ultimate sacrifice, the ultimate love gift given to us if we just reach out and accept Him.

This had given me something to look at this Valentine's Day 2011 from a bit of a different perspective.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print