The Era of Your Ways
by Dwayne Harris

An era, simply put, is a season of time. Although many may use this word to describe an elongated span of history, it is comprised of nothing more than mere moments; individual opportunities gathered together to make up a whole. Perhaps you have heard the Latin phrase "Carpe deim"? It means seize the day, or moment. If the Church of today will Rise up and take advantage of the time that we have been given, we will make an impact that will live well beyond a season, and on into eternity.

When Jesus was questioned for healing a man on the Sabbath he replied, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." (John 5:17 KJV) His reply was a soft rebuke of the religious system that still seems to be present today. One that can easily find itself clothed in functions and programs, while possibly missing the purpose of the message. Our greatest deficit is never a lack of knowledge of the truth, but of its application. We must become driven by the compassion of Christ and reach outside of our comfort to the lost and hurting.

Proverbs 20:4 tells us, "A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing." (KJV) Do not be deceived, the harvest of souls to be gathered at the end of this church era will be in direct proportion to the labor of those working in its fields. The very same seed that can produce a bountiful harvest remains useless and unproductive if it never leaves its owner's hand.

The greatest lesson to be learned from looking at the past is the need to become focused on the future; to seize every moment and opportunity. We must be able to say as Jesus did, "I, too, am working." Begin today by planting the seeds of God's truth deep into the soil of your life and investing in others. The greatest history of the church is yet to be written. Your most productive season is still to be had. You can choose to either change the world through the power of Jesus Christ or leave behind an era of errors and regrets.



Dwayne Harris is the founder of Fresh Outpouring Ministries. He is an emerging voice in the cause of evangelism and has been featured on Christian talk-radio, Christian television, and is a published devotional writer. For more info. visit www.freshoupouring.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print