Accepting un-Acceptance
by Dwayne Harris

"And you will be hated of all men for my name sake: but he that endures until the end shall be saved." Matthew 10:22

In an attempt to grow and flourish in ministry, some people have softened and changed the true message of Christ. It is as if they are trying to find new ways to mold and shape the Bible's message to fit the needs of all who will listen. Some have even been willing to overlook certain teachings of Christ in hopes of finding some common ground with unbelievers. One thing is true; you cannot altar the message or pick and choose the individual pieces of your liking and still enjoy the benefits of the whole package.

We must never forget that God has not called us to repackage Him for the world, but to deliver the package that He has already given. Matthew 10:22 reminds us that the message of Christ has not always been a popular feel good message. Nonetheless, it is the truth and only way unto the father.

Our mission is to carry the light of Christ without reproach or disdain. To let his message shine into darkness, unfiltered and unrestricted. Jesus assures us that if we will lift him up he will draw all men unto himself. Our assignment is not to convince or change the hearts of man; that is his work. We have simply been asked to share the message of salvation with a dying world. Would you rather be accused of offending another with the truth, or offending God for a refusal to share it?

Dwayne Harris is the founder of Fresh Outpouring Ministries. He is an emerging voice in the cause of evangelism and has been featured on Christian talk-radio, Christian television, and is a published devotional writer. For more info. visit www.freshoupouring.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print