Are You Walking in Freedom or Condemnation?
by Marijo Phelps

Yes, Satan is the accuser of the brethren, not to mention the sisters. One of the ways he gets access, the keys to our front doors, is if we choose to walk in the flesh. The neat promise is that if we walk in the Spirit, there is no condemnation.

I love what Romans 8:1 promises us:[Free from Indwelling Sin ] "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (NKJV)

This is a good one to memorize and be able to quote when the enemy comes trying to discourage us.

Once again, we have a choice, to walk free with no burdens weighing us down or to walk in condemnation. This probably isn't something we reflect upon when we "get into the flesh".

What does that mean exactly? Remember those times when you yell at those closest to you instead of taking the time and care to rephrase things into a more neutral and loving dialog? Those times when you blurt out the first thing that comes into your mind and it isn't always pretty? The other times when you act and then pause to think about it afterwards. Or choosing to eat two pieces of desert at the pot luck instead of one or none, I know, I am meddling now. Mainly here I am r=preaching to myself and thinking of ways I "get into the flesh". I think you can see a trend here. When I choose to do these things I have just given ammunition to the enemy of my soul, he uses it too. The choice is mine.

In James 1:6-7 the Bible speaks about wavering in the King James version and I love that word picture: "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

Revelation 12:10 speaks about the accuser saying "Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down." (NKJV)

Satan has been cast down! We have authority given to us by Christ Jesus. We can stand against the enemy.

John 10:10 gives us an amplified picture of Satan and his mission "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (NKJV)

He is the thief but we don't have to open our doors or give him the key to our abode.

Prayer: Help me Jesus to "wavereth not". My hang up is in thinking maybe I've blown it and You've left me. I know intellectually You don't leave, it would have to be me drawing away, if I'd done wrong You'd deal with me about it. As far as I know there is nothing that stands between me and You. Please help me to walk in Your Spirit and Your truth! Help me to make holy choices to not walk in my flesh. Thank you, my Jesus. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print