Christianity is a Verb (Part 2)
by Robert Driskell

Evaluating Our Walk

Many people claim to love and follow God, but live as if He has no claim on their lives whatsoever. If asked, they will say they are Christians, but they live as if God did not even exist.

Jesus cautioned His followers to be diligent to make sure that they have chosen the right path. He alludes to the fact that it is easier, due to our natural human tendencies, to take the wider road that requires the least effort, but leads us away from Him.
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Matthew 7:13-14 NASB)

The book of James tells us that if we claim to be Christians, but do not live like it, we may not truly be Christians at all.
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. (James 1:22 NASB)
Later in that same book, he writes another passage that speaks of the natural out flowing of works that will accompany true faith (James 2:14-26). He ends that passage with this ominous statement:
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. (v. 26 NASB)

The apostle Paul, after a lengthy section on how living the Christian life should look, cautions believers to be vigilant to live like they should:
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling... (Philippians 2:12 NASB)

The reality of our salvation is not determined by a one time decision but by how we live our lives moment by moment. If we draw near to God, he will draw near to us and we can rest assured we are saved (James 4:8).

The life of the Christian, who truly wants to live for God, is a life of choices. As the events of our lives unfold, we each must whether we are going to obey God or not. We choose to either live God's way or our own way. These choices reveal the true condition of our hearts. They are also a determining factor in both in our lives here on earth and, ultimately, where we spend eternity.


To be continued...

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print