This Sandwich Generation Granny Nanny Believes The Surrendered Life Cycle Beats the Vicious Cycle of Overeating and Under Exercising
by Kaye Swain

As a Sandwich Generation granny nanny dealing with the issues of caring for the elderly parents in the family as well as babysitting grandchildren, I am constantly on the run. All that running around requires a lot of energy. I've noticed that when I exercise regularly and keep my weight in my "healthy zone" I feel better and have more energy. When it creeps up 5-10 pounds, I slow down more, huff and puff more when playing with the grandkids, and just don't feel as comfortable - even when sitting. Talk about a "vicious cycle!"

When that happens, I cut back on the junk food, start following one of my three favorite healthy diets - the South Beach Diet Supercharged, the Serotonin Power Diet, or my current favorite - the Flat Belly - MUFA foods - diet, and proactively work at getting rid of the extra pounds. I'd rather nip it in the bud early than have to lose 50+ pounds!

But I actually start sooner than that - with prayer! I am a firm believer in the power of the surrendered life - giving myself entirely to God, along with my family, my business, my life, and yes, even my weight and health issues! When that weight starts creeping up, I start praying for wisdom, guidance, and the will power to stop eating the wrong things, start eating the right things, and be better at exercising. Of course, I should be praying about that all the time - then maybe the weight wouldn't creep back up!

I also work hard to make sure I communicate a positive message to my grandkids when I make changes to what I eat. I want them to be aware that I am on a healthy diet, both to keep my weight in a healthy range and so that I have more energy and am a healthier granny nanny for them. I do NOT want to set a bad example of starving myself or taking unhealthy pills that might lead them to follow the wrong example. In fact, I go out of my way to be sure they understand that so that they don't inadvertently get the wrong idea. I want to be sure they stay healthy too.

As a matter of fact, these sweet grandkids are a big help to my health. Not only does spending time with them require me to stay healthy, but they are actually my "personal trainers" as we play tag, walk, or have fun with their great Wii sports bowling and tennis games for kids and seniors whenever we are together. Not only are those fun times together - full of sweet family memories, they are also great times to share important truths about God as the conversation leads, not to mention working on their Bible memory verses for their Awana class.

We can all experience that "vicious cycle" of poor health from too much food and too little exercise, but the power of God and surrendering everything to Him can definitely lead to a wonderful cycle - of good health and healthy exercise. That's very encouraging for this Sandwich Generation granny nanny - how about you?

If you'd like more fun ideas & resources for teaching Bible memory verses to your children and grandchildren, along with specific ideas for teaching the Ten Commandments to your kids, be sure to pop over to www.SandwichINK.com . We're smack dab in the middle of that project and would love to see you

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print