The Make It Happen Moment ® Best Laugh
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "Truly, the one who laughs last, laughs best!" - Noel Jones

The very first time that my children flew on an airplane, we were traveling to Colorado for a family ski vacation. While the plane was climbing to a cruising altitude and everyone's ears were adjusting, my youngest daughter who was then five years old leaned over towards my wife and whispered, "Mom, I think I'm going deaf." Isn't it funny how inexperience can often lead us to innocently draw incorrect conclusions about our experiences in life? This can be especially true as it relates to the dreams that God has put in our hearts. We know that God has spoken to us as well as given us His promise to fulfill what He said He would do in our lives, but somehow our visible, tangible experience can at times seem to seriously contradict what we know in our hearts to be true.

For example, as her loving father, I told my daughter that we were going to fly to Colorado and everything would be fine. Trusting in my word to her, my daughter eagerly boarded the plane with high anticipation; however, along the way her experience began to contradict what she had been told...causing her to seriously think that she might go deaf on the journey. Of course, my wife and I knew that she was only experiencing an adjustment to the altitude; but to my daughter having no prior flying experience, the circumstances were a contradiction of my word to her as well as a real test of her faith at that moment. Looking back at the experience, we can all laugh together with my daughter about her experience, even though it certainly wasn't a laughing matter for her at the time. As we contemplate our own experiences in relation to what God has spoken and promised to us, we must remember that God always has the whole picture in mind and will fulfill His promises to us as we remain faithful to trust Him.

Think about the experience of Noah. God told him to build an ark because He was going to one day send flooding rain on the earth. After fifty, seventy, even ninety-five years into the project without even a drop of rain ever falling on earth, I can only imagine that Noah may have thought more than a few times, "Am I going deaf? Did I really hear God say that He would send flooding rain on the earth?" History - His Story - the Lord's Story - the Bible as well as the archaeological record - affirms that Noah most certainly did hear the Lord. Hebrews 11:7 records, "By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." When the situation looked laughable and appeared to contradict what the Lord had spoken to Noah, Noah persevered through the testing of his faith and continued to trust that God would fulfill His Word to him...and He did! With a spirit of faith and commitment, completely trust God regardless of your natural experiences because God is faithful and He always laughs last and laughs best when He does the impossible with His children!

The Make It Happen Celebration Value: "Make It Happen" People Celebrate Accomplishments Abundantly!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Best Laugh Copyright 2009, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Best Laugh, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print