What Do You Seek?
by Bob Valleau

A distraught man talked to God, one day, and learned a valuable lesson.

"What is it that you seek, my child?"

"I seek power."

"And why do you seek this?"

"So that I may live victoriously."

"Anything else?"

"Yes. I seek knowledge."

"And why do you seek this?"

"So that I may have answers to all of my problems."

"Is there more?"

"One more. I seek wealth, so that I may never lack again."

"I see. Well, if you seek power without seeking the One behind the power, then you will remain weak beyond belief. If you seek knowledge without seeking the One who is all-knowing, then you will remain as a fool. And if you seek wealth without realizing how rich you already are in your salvation, then you will remain destitute and spiritually bankrupt. Do I make myself clear?"

"I think so. Ask me again what I seek."

"What do you seek, my child?"

"Father, I seek you . . . and only you."

-----------------------------------------------------
When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O LORD, I will seek." (Psalm 27:8, NASB).

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print