The War Is Won
by Chantelle Cudger

The theme for our 2010 short term mission trip to Beirut was, "The War is Won".

Webster's defines war as a state or period of usually open and declared armed fighting between states or nations the state of conflict, hostility, or antagonism.

With that definition in mind, how would we define spiritual warfare? Is it not the battle of all battles the battle between good and evil; God versus Satan-the great Armageddon?
God says to us numerous times in His Word, "Fear not". "I am with you". "I will not let the enemy destroy you".

His Word gives us not just the details of the future, but the outcome as well. The battle is won. He gives us the story in its entirety. Our future is in His hands and the end of our days will be a time of rejoicing and celebration. "When we all get to Heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus we will sing and shout the victory"!

Those lyrics don't paint the picture that we're on the losing side if you ask me! The war is won. That means that any obstacles we are facing now are minor and pale in comparison to the big picture. God has declared us victorious in the battle royale. We are victors not victims abandoned to the enemy's devices. His fiery darts have been and will always be quenched by the power and the might of our conquering, soon coming King.

We are no longer trial bearers but triumphant servants of the Most High God! We are not defeated foes but destined for greatness as we continue to press towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:17 NIV).

The war is won! The enemy does not have control of our emotions. He does not have control of our families and relationships. The fates of our future or our finances do not rest in his hands. He does not have control of our lives. God has complete control and is in control of every major and minor detail that concerns us.

The battle is won. We can move forward knowing that God has made the path straight before us (Proverbs 3:6 NIV). He has made pleasant places for us (Psalm 16:6 NIV). He has made his Word to be a lamp to our feet (Psalm 119:105) so that every step we take in obedience to Him is sound and certain. He has reassured us that the plans for our lives have hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

The war is won. We are no longer bound or held captive by sin. Rather, because we dwell in the secret place of the Most High (Psalm 91:1 NIV) we are in the presence of the Lord. We can rest secure in knowing that where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom (II Corinthians 3:17 NIV)!

In His presence there is freedom from worry. There is freedom from the chains of guilt and shame that bind our souls and spirits. We are free to live. Free to do and be exactly what he has purposed us to be. Free to lead others to the Light that has captivated every fiber of our being (Acts 17:28 NIV). In Him we are free to breathe (Psalm 119:32 NIV) for he has given us the breath of life. He is our strength and our song!

The battle is won. God has a purpose and a plan for our lives. He has charted our course with success as our destination. He has developed the blueprint for our lives and the map for our journey. He owns the key to our hearts-we are solely His.

Chantelle Cudger was born and raised in Atlanta, GA the sixth of eleven siblings; she holds her family close to her heart.

She attends First Baptist Atlanta where she has also served in the Pre-School Ministry for 9 yrs. She is also actively involved in both short-term missions and local outreach

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print