Egypt, Then and Now
by Jasti Victor

Moses, as all boys born in his time, was decreed by Pharaoh to be killed. But his mother had a different plan, and saw to it that he was raised by a daughter of Pharaoh, trained like any Egyptian prince in warfare, palace affairs and diplomacy. But when he saw injustice being done to a fellow Hebrew, he killed the Egyptian soldier, incurring the wrath of the pharaoh. He escaped through the desert, rested near a well in Midian, and helped the daughters of the priest of Midian to water their sheep and eventually married his eldest daughter.

Moses was happy tending to his father in law's flock, when one day he saw a burning bush, which changed the course of his life. Investigating it, he found himself talking face to face with God, who asked him to lead his people out of Egypt.

For man whether in Egypt, then and now , in Biblical times or in the present 2011; simply wanted to be free from tyranny, from despotic rule, and from injustice, and which had then, motivated one man to lead a million out of Egypt, and now had, provoked a million to drive out one man out of Egypt.

Victor Jasti lives in India and is passionate about writing short stories based on the Bible and real incidents. He also writes Christian fiction and poetry. Five of his poems were published in Temporal Currents compiled by an American author, Ms. Christine Tricarico.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print