Softly Spoken Correction from the Lord Jesus
by Marijo Phelps

OK, I have both dishes and clothes washing, the kitty boxes are cleaned, cats fed, got breakfast.. time to grab that cup of tea and go have a "quiet time". Hum, the tea got cold sitting in the microwave too long. Off to the bedroom to sit in the recliner.

Hi Lord Jesus, thanks for the wonderful service yesterday at church. I am so excited that young lady gave her heart to you! Please be with Mick today while he is driving from job site to job site. Give him a chance to share you with someone who needs encouragement. Please keep him safe in the traffic of Colorado Springs. Direct my day, Lord, I really want it to be your day and not mine.

Sigh, man am I on "fast forward," sometimes I think my biggest challenge is really getting quiet during my time in here with You. The cup of tea is cold but that's how I drink it in the summer anyhow, never mind that there is snow in our yard.

Then I hear that tiny, still, small voice:

My child, you strive when you should rest.

You bubble over with requests

When you could just cuddle in My arms.

You strive to hear,

When I AM doing nothing but fondly gaze at you.

BE in my presence so I can refresh and renew you.

Know that I AM Your God

And you are "my people". Selah.



I am guessing there is incredible rest in Your arms. Imagine that You'd like to just look at me, spend time with me while I hush. Can You teach me even a part of this?



Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (NIV)



The Lord Jesus is inviting me to come to Him. Yes, sometimes I am weary and burdened and I wonder how much of that is my own doing? He will give me rest but first I need to come. He can't give me peace when I am busy buzzing all over this house. And I am supposed to be retired. Maybe I can try to rest in that sometime soon?



Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (NIV)



It looks like if I yoke myself to my Lord I can learn. I could use some of that gentle and humble in heart part of Him and the rest? See that slow grin coming across my face? Yep, I can use rest. Even at night rest is interrupted about 2-4 times for potty stops.



Mark 6:31
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (NIV)



This scripture is good but rarely do I miss my meals, once again Jesus is issuing an invitation to come with him to a quiet place and get some rest. Would my home ever be a quiet place? It would if I would stop and quit with the spinning of my wheels.



Prayer: Dear Father, I seem to hear you speaking about rest so often. Open my eyes so they might see and my ears so they might hear. Please teach me more about what it means to rest in You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print