USING OUR GIFTS FOR GOD GLORY
by sana edoja

I'm not feeling 100% writing today. There you go; there are some days when you don't feel like doing something. Once you've done it, you feel better because you have achieved something for yourself. It is the way I feel today. I didn't feel getting out of bed because I love dreaming; life is much more colourful when you dream. I'm sure you would agree with me on that. I was late for my driving lesson today because of my lack of motivation. I'm looking for work at the moment and found it hard to keep applying for work each day and still no job? Just need to remember that God says in the bible: "For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Even if I still havent find a job, I have time to search for work, blog, go to praying meetings every Thursday, reading my bible and other self-help Christians books, take up my driving lessons to the next level. Believe it not, I didnt have time to do most of those things when I was working full time. However, God used those times at work of quietness to lead me to write up my first book.


The other day, in church, my pastor was saying that we shouldn't be discouraged but keep going because God knows our struggles and our needs. In his own time, he will answer our prayers and supplies our needs in due times.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10

"For surely I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord,
"plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope". Jeremiah 29:11

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

That would be amazing if I could just stay at home blogging but I have to earn a living so I have to seek work. Ten years ago, somebody prophesised to me that the Lord will make me pen the words of my heart on paper for future generations. Three years later, I was writing my first book "Knowing God". 2 Peter 3:8 - But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. Sometimes, God takes such a long time to make something comes to pass into our lives. He is the one that can make things happened in our lives, only in his own time. He is never too late or too early, just on time.

Well, there are a lot of things that I could have done in my life. I could still do them if I found the time and the money. Writing songs, singing and scribbling were one of my first passions in life. Would I be still good at it if I put my mind to it?

When I was a teenager, I loved singing. I actually bought a machine with a microphone and, I used to write my own songs and sing them. I loved music so much as people have been created to worship something. I took some singing lessons and was quite passionate about it, but I left France to explore England. That is why I love writing in English. Make sense to me as most of the world speaks English. Struggling to make a living in London, I embraced Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and, I gave up on my dream to be a famous singer.

I used to love writing poems and songs. The more I wrote, the better I became. A few professionals found my lyrics quite good. It takes quite genius luck to make the right connections to earn a living from those talents. So I gave it up. I also remember myself scribbling lots of nonsense drawings while I was doing my degree at University which bored me a lot, but my mind was still creative. However I never took my scribbling further.

Now I've written my first book called "Knowing God" and I have another book which will be edited in a few months. Nonetheless, it costs money to do all those things. The amazing thing is that I took a creative course for 2 years, the message that I got from both of my teachers was: "Write as often as often as you can even if it does not make sense, keeping the imagination going. In a few months, go back to your nonsense writing, then, you will be able to make something readable from it".

That is the idea behind my blogging, God gives me the idea and I write it. I believe also in helping each other through guest blogging. Being a part of the John 3:16 network has helped me to share other people writing by sharing their books on my blog for additional exposure. http://john316mn.blogspot.com/ Sometimes, I found articles from other author's books or articles that I like to share because knowledge is better than ignorance.

To conclude, we have to keep going in what we know best and, God shall do the rest in his own time. Philippians 1:6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".

I have been reading "The Purpose Driven Life" from Rick Warren which is an excellent book on helping to find the purpose of God for our life in all the areas.

Thank you for taking the time of reading me, it makes me feel better, knowing that I have shared my burdens with somebody.

God bless you all and keep up the good work.

Sana Edoja

http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print