Blind Faith
by Marlene Mesot

It takes courage to try something new. Stepping out in faith is like being led by someone else as if you were walking blind. When people attend a disability sensitivity training and try walking blindfolded with a cane, it is an eye opening experience. In order to do this, you must trust your guide implicitly, believing that your welfare and safety is his or her top priority at that moment.

Walking by faith takes this kind of trust too. We cannot see God or His perfect intentions for us. We must step out blindly and reach for His hand, trusting that He will guide us. Another more common example, such as being pushed in a manual wheelchair through a hospital corridor, or into an elevator, takes this same kind of trust. Every time you are a passenger in someone else's vehicle, that person is in control of your welfare. The same is true when you are driving others.

Why is this so? First, God must be worshiped in spirit and in truth. Second, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. Third, we must walk by faith, not by sight. As we take steps of faith, our trust in God grows as we learn from His infinite wisdom, one lesson at a time. The more we trust, the easier it becomes to take that next step. As faith grows so does love and intimacy with our loving Heavenly Father.

Christian mystery romance author, only child, legally blind & hearing aid user.
 
www.marlsmenagerie.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print