Growth in Jesus
by Marijo Phelps

Were you born 5'8" and wearing size 10 in ladies or size large in men's tops? For your mother's sake, I certainly hope not. Neither are we born of the Spirit in a full grown manner. We begin as a baby, on milk rather than meat. We gradually mature and grow up in Jesus. Fruit takes time to grow and even fruit trees take time to produce that first crop. We need to not expect that our life in spiritual realms will be any different from life in the natural in that respect.

One time a few years back I got real quiet and felt the Lord Jesus was laying the following on my heart:

Know I will guide you and you will know and be able to do what is required of you.

Maturity isn't overnight, look how long it took you to begin to realize My plan/protection in chains of authority in the family.

I AM not finished with you yet.
I see many areas in your life where you yet lack life-changing understanding. It takes time.

I will not wink, nor will I be quick to whip.
I seek to work good for you.
Selah.

In Galatians 5:22-23 the bible says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." (NKJV)

Farmers don't put seed in the ground expecting to go out the next morning and see a full grown tree complete with luscious fruit. They realize there is process of planting and waiting, then appears the tiny sprig of green. A long time later there might be a twig or a branch but it takes time. We don't seem to have much time, or perhaps it is patience we have lost sight of in our "instant" world. We need to relearn that process in many areas. I know my life would go smoother if I didn't have such "instant expectations", how about you?

Ephesians 5:23 says "For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body." (NKJV)

This is one area that initially gave me problems when I came to the Lord. I wasn't used to having my husband be my head. I learned over time that there is protection in that covering and it is ordained by our Lord Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:12 speaks of trusting Jesus with all things in our life "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." (NKJV)

I do know whom I have believed and am persuaded that HE is able. That lifts the load off me and allows me to rest in Him. Whew, I knew my backpack was getting full of boulders once again that I was not intended to carry. How about yours, can you give it to Him?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, please help me in this instant world to learn Your ways, to know that fruit takes time to mature. Help me to persevere and not too be too hard on myself, just hard enough. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print