Eternity
by Louise Lee

How to measure eternity? How does eternity work? In our human minds, eternity means to live forever. From age to age, people have been searching for eternity or to be exact they have tried all means to live forever. However, no one ever succeeded in this attempts. Egyptian Pharaohs had made their attempts, but they are still in the mummies in the pyramids until today. They did not mange to come back to life. For men, to live forever also means to keep the present glory, wealth, health and power. Most probably, the poor, the needy and the sick, living forever could be the last thing in their minds. To them, to be able to live a good long life is already a luxury.

Is it just a simple human heart quest that could never be fulfilled? Or there is something else? Solomon, the wisest and the richest man ever lived, discovered the hard truth about living. I believed if we were to ask him if he wanted to live forever with all that he discovered, he probably would not desire this kind of eternal life. Living continuously with the consequences of sins is not desirable. Eternity without God is not a pleasant choice that many would make. Then, why people are still yearning to liver eternally? In Ecclesiastes 3: 11 (NIV) says K He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from the beginning to end.

A heart that yearns for eternity is a heart ready for the answer of God V Jesus. He told us that if we believe him in our heart, and confess with our mouth, that we will have the authority to become children of God and we have eternal life. Jesus is the only way to God. Indeed, to live eternally was almost unheard of before Jesus time. Jews believed in resurrection, judgment of sins, miraculous providence of God, but only when Jesus came a glimpse of eternity was being revealed: The blind sees, the deaf hears, the lame walks, and dead comes back to life. Jesus gave us just the glimpse of Eternity and also the way to obtain the eternal status with Him - no more tears, no more sickness, no more pain, but an eternal state of being reconciled with God, the everlasting One, the unchanging One.

Jesus is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, and Jesus is the measure of eternity and the only way to obtain it is to accept Him.

Louise Lee
www.louiseleewrites.com
(My first illustrated book Psalm 23 for Kids is now available at amazon.com)
http://www.amazon.com/Psalm-23-Kids-Louise-Lee/dp/1482829975

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print