Why is a Christian being rich an issue?
by Marie Grossett

Recently I was browsing through the net looking for articles on what people thought about Christians being wealthy. What surprised me werent the articles it was more to do with the fact that a Christian being wealthy was such an issue.

Why is this such an topical debate? If the unbeliever can be wealthy then why cant the believer? In fact the Christian should be wealthy because we would be able to put more in financially into the work of God and help those who genuinely need it. I know wealthy Christians who love giving and they make no apology for their riches.

The scriptures that typically get misinterpreted concerning money is 1 Timothy 6:10 The love of money is the root of all evil, the key content is the love of money. This verse doesnt state that money itself is evil or that you cannot have money. You just shouldnt love money more than God, your money actually belongs to God and he has entrusted you with it.

The other scripture that often gets misinterpreted is Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

The fact here with this scripture wasnt about his wealth it was about what he was willing to give up for the Lord, I believe the Lord was testing his heart attitude on how much he really wanted to follow him. Verse 27 then goes on to say Jesus looked at them and said, With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God. So this man could have actually gone back and followed Jesus who knows.

We must remember there were people in the Bible who were wealthy and that loved the Lord with all their hearts. From Joseph to Abraham, from Abraham to Job, from Job to David, from David to Solomon and so forth. Also they were wealthy Christians in the New Testament and instructions were given to them on how they should behave. 1 Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

A Christian being rich is not a bad thing in fact I pray that you reading this article will be financially prosperous so you will be able to give more to the work of God and to people in need.
Also you have that financial freedom to enjoy life more and to give an inheritance to your family.

Lets change our mind attitude a Christian being rich should not be issue lets just thank God that we have people in the body that can be a blessing to others financially. Lets pray one of them will be you.

Thank you for reading this article and God bless you.

Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print