Worship Through a Storm
by Bobbi Richardson

Psalm 29 (NIV)
A psalm of David.
Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic.
The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes Lebanon skip like a calf, Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the LORD strikes with flashes of lightning.
The voice of the LORD shakes the desert; the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

In the midst of a terrible rain storm David sits in a cave listening to the crash of thunder and watching in awe as lightning flashes across a darkened sky. Huge trees bend in the wind as rain hammers the ground then streams down a hillside.

This marvelous display inspires David to adoration and praise.

As the storm rages on David recognizes that the LORD is the One who created all that he is witnessing.

The LORD shows His strength and majesty through the wind, the rain, the thunder and lightning.

It is a visible demonstration of God's power.

As the storm rages, David recognizes that God is in control and he worships.

His praises are for the only One who is worthy; the God of heaven who sits on His throne and gives strength and peace to His people.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print