An Ancient Song (prose poem)
by Richard L. Provencher

Across the water lays a sprinkling of green, from a distance the island appears insignificant, lonesome. But there is a mystery that draws the attention of any visitor, poking out from Economy Lake, a finger of rock lined with trees, creating an irregular border in private space, sanctuary for birds and animals. Standing on the mainland it appears abandoned or even adrift from the closeness of the shore. It's as near as the sky, earth and water with a secrecy and character of its own. The island provides a story retold once and again. As twilight creeps towards daylight we enter this domain. Now pay attention to an ancient song...

Richard L. Provencher
Website: www.wsprog.com/rp/

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print