Does Jesus Know You Best?
by Marijo Phelps

When a voice has the command "SIT" do you look around expecting to see a four legged friend with fur being obedient and placing his or her backside on the ground? Well, sometimes my Lord Jesus and His Holy Spirit know me and what it will take to get my attention even better than I know myself. Yes, He speaks to us in a "still, small voice" but sometimes His voice is strong and has a very commanding presence.

It was on one of those "commanding presence" days in which I seemed to hear Him say:

Sit. Bring your mind into captive concentration on my Word and your Jesus.

There is warfare going on and the spiritual enemies are everywhere and permeate the world BUT mighty is HE who overshadows all, has overcome and is yet to RETURN.

Be a disciplined soldier loved and encouraged as the child you are, SOON to see your FATHER and redeemer!!! Selah. Selah. Selah.

In Romans 8:7 the Word of God says that the sinful mind is hostile to God. It doesn't submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

The above scripture should explain a lot. Looking around in our world today, that scripture seems to touch upon what we are seeing and sensing and going through each and every day of our lives.

A bit further on in Romans 12:2 we are given some really good instructions about not conforming any longer to the pattern of this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our mind.

Do we need to be transformed? I think most of us would state a resounding YES to that question. One thing I think about too, if the renewing of our minds comes from reading God's word what happens with other sources of information that we put into our minds. Other sources like less than encouraging "entertainment" perhaps TV, videos, books, conversations I get the mental image of a huge vacuum cleaner coming with those sources of stuff going in and sucking our spirits dry. Not a good image at all but think about it for a minute. Then I think about placing God's Word from the Bible or an encouraging devotional in our minds and can see our spirits flourishing in Him.

1 Corinthians 14:15 poses the question and answers it "so what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind."

We aren't just a "mind" and we aren't just a "spirit" we are both surrounded by our earth suit or body. We can talk to God with our minds and our spirit. We can speak in our prayer language to God ("tongues of men and angels") or even sing in tongues. We can communicate with the creator of the universe. Take time. Make time. He is the most important one you will speak to today.

Psalm 135:5
I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods. (NIV)

We can be encouraged by 1 John 4:4 "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (NIV)

The one who is in us would be Jesus in the presence of His Holy Spirit. Jesus has overcome the world!


2 Timothy 2:3 admonished us to endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. I have found over the years that my Jesus will not ask anything of me that He isn't willing to equip me to do. Be encouraged as our Lord Jesus strengthens us to walk in Him in every step we will take today!

Prayer: Oh, Father God, please help us to be good soldiers. Help us to be

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print