God's Ways Aren't Our Ways
by Marijo Phelps

Do you ever think about all those prayers you prayed that were totally off base, the ones where you prayed answers instead of questions and those that our Lord has the graciousness to say a resounding NO to? I am thanking Him once again today that His ways aren't my ways and that He can and has told this daughter NO.

Awhile back He whispered to my heart saying:

Child, my ways are not your ways so they don't always appeal to your logic.

However, you can walk there-in if you continue to yield.

Quiet your SELF and the Holy Spirit will become more audible all the time.

I love you with a never ending, eternal love. Rejoice in me. Selah.

In Exodus 33:13 we learn "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." (NIV)

Deuteronomy 8:6 says "Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in his ways and revering him." (NIV)

A bit farther on in Deuteronomy 10:12 [ Fear the LORD ] "And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.." (NIV)

Prayer: Teach me Your ways, Oh, Lord, I know that some of my ways are still "crooked" and I want to walk straight paths after You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print