Keeping Relationships Healthy and Happy
by Dr. Joe K. Reed

In order to establish a Serious Relationship in the first place, you must have many things in Common . Interests that you share, common traits, view points, likes and dislikes, etc. Obviously, commonality supports the relationship.

Now comes your Differences. These can be Potentially Threatening to the relationship if you allow it. . Differences are the little things that Bug you. The best approach is to "Respect your Differences" and let them be OK. If you don't give your significant other permission to be different, then you have problems.

If you can't allow a difference to be OK, then you must discuss and work it out. You might even make a deal and say, "I'll quit doing this if you quit doing that." In any circumstance, differences must be handled.

Be aware that Male and Female Brains are wired differently.
Women are more in touch with their environment. For example, the average woman can't leave home without making up the bed, whereas men could care less. We both use our right and left brain, but women start thinking with their Emotional Mind first, then switch to Logical thinking. Men do exactly the opposite.

Here's a real example concerning a Preacher. His upset wife Frantically calls from the airport, "Honey I missed my plane, I missed my plane, what am I going to do?" The preacher says, "Ok, just go to the ticket counter and check the next flight." "But you don't understand," his wife repeated, "I missed my plane". The savvy preacher pauses for a moment thinking to himself, "I am not addressing her emotional needs first." Then he said, "Honey, I'm real sorry you missed your plane, that's just terrible. Now go to the ticket counter...". When the preacher acknowledged his wife's emotions first, then switched to logical instruction, everything was fine.
Men, when your lady is upset, she probably has Emotional Needs that must be acknowledged. Usually, understanding and comforting is what she needs first. And God knows, most men can usuallyimprove on their "Understandability." Right ladies?

Men and Women have Different Relationship Needs.
The number one relationship need in women is to be LOVED. They have to be told they are loved on a daily basis. Women also need to be Shown they are loved too. So men, if you are not doing this, you had better start. Get off your macho high-horse and simply say, "I love you". Men, I guarantee if your lady is not happy, you won't be either.

Men have different Love Requirements. Simply knowing they are loved at home is enough and don't have to be told. So, what is a man's number one Relationship Need? They need to be RIGHT. To satisfy this requirement a woman needs to tell her man he is so smart, so good, and Right about everything.
"Makingyour Man Wrong," is absolutely the worst thing ladies can do in a relationship.

In order for a relationship to remain healthy and happy, it must Not get Boring.
Boredom can kill a relationship real fast. Couples must constantly do things that keep the relationship exciting, active, and alive. Spontaneous things that make it Fun. Here's where your Common Interests come in handy. What do you enjoy doing together? What makes him happy? What makes her happy? Then simply do it.

Be aware why Marriages Fail.
The number one reason for divorce is "Breakdown in Communication." Couples absolutely must talk to each other and discuss things. Usually, when communication is lost, so goes the marriage. The second reason for divorce is related to "Financial Problems".

Christian Couples have certain advantages. They can always seek advice and counseling from their minister. It's also a good idea to read the Holy Bible together. And last but not least, "Couples who Pray Together, Stay Together."

Hope you find this helpful.
God Bless,
Dr. Joe K. Reed

Visit my website at www.doctorjoesite.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print