How Can I Be Saved By Jesus Christ's Death And Resurrection?
by Bobby Bruno

By Confessing My Sins To God

By Accepting Jesus Christ As The Lord Of My Life And Giving Him Control Over It


Confessing our sins to God is the easy part. Remember, Jesus did the hard part when He died for us on the cross. The part He left us to do can be done right where you are now, physically, spiritually, and mentally, all at the same time. How easy is our part in gaining salvation from Jesus? Simply do what Romans 10:9-13 says to do: "if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe it in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.(Isaiah 28:16)' For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile -- the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved'" (NIV).


It's amazing how easily we can tell others about their mistakes, something we can do quite loudly at times. Like when we are driving in the morning. Someone cuts you off and you start shouting and screaming at them, as if the driver can hear you, when all he is concerned about is getting to work on time. Or when your spouse doesn't do something you asked them to. Do you gently remind him that you had asked him earlier that it be done? Or do you remind her of all of her faults you've noticed since the day you both met? Yes, it's pretty amazing how we can point out everybody else's faults. But how tight-lipped do we become about confessing our own faults? How defensive go we get when we don't want to hear how bad we are or how many mistakes we've made in the past? How do you respond to your spouse when she tells you about something she's seen in you that needs to be changed? Do you take the request seriously, or do you lash out in anger and tell her that she's not perfect either?


Now what if that person was Jesus Christ? What if He told you about all of the mistakes and failures He knows you've had in your life? Would you make the changes then, or would you tell Jesus to let you live your life the way you want to? What if Jesus told you that living your life your own way would bring you nothing but misery and heartache, pain and sorrow, and could mean the difference between life and death, both spiritually and physically? What if Jesus told you that He had a better way for you to live? Would you listen or still insist that your way is better? Well, for starters, Jesus isn't going to tell you to your face all the mistakes and failures you've had or made. But He will tell you that life without Him would be the biggest mistake you could ever make. You see, Jesus loves you very much, and died and was resurrected from the grave so you wouldn't have to live with the stain of all your failures and mistakes. Jesus is the only one who will not forsake you because of your past, or let you suffer any longer because of it. If you want to make the changes in your life that you, and others, see need to be made, then Jesus is the only one, through the working of the Holy Spirit, who can do it perfectly. But first you have to humble yourself and tell Jesus that your life and future belong to Him, if you want to be free from the guilt and shame from your past. This is called confession.


You've heard it said before that confession is good for the soul. A more true statement could not be made than that, for confession is for the purpose of freeing your soul, to be what God intended it to be. Your soul is eternal, so it makes a big difference where it ends up at the end of your life. Everyone who's ever lived on this planet knows that there are only two destinations to choose from (yes it is a choice you will have to make) -- Heaven or Hell. Both are very real and so very different. In Heaven, there is peace and beauty that can never be imagined here on Earth. In Hell, there is pain and misery that will never stop for all of eternity. Let me repeat that again -- for all of eternity; never-ending, never-ceasing, forever. When you die, you will experience one of these destinations. Let me convince you that Hell is not where you want to choose to go. Getting into Heaven is as easy as opening your mouth and, from your heart, saying a few simple words. God has made it very, very easy for you to be with Him and Jesus in Heaven, where joy unspeakable resides.


As the Scripture above says, all you have to do is believe in your heart and soul that Jesus is Lord of and over everything. You must believe that He was raised from the dead. That's it! Easy, isn't it! And that's the way God wants it to be. He doesn't want anyone to perish. He wants as many people in Heaven with Him as possible. But He won't force anyone. He leaves the decision entirely up to you. He loves you very much, which is why He won't force you to accept His Son. Would you do anything you were forced to do? Would you be loving your children if you forced them to do the things you yourself would never do? Would you force your children to be with someone you didn't trust? Neither will God. But He does want Heaven to be the most crowded place in the universe. He invites you to join Him. You have God's promise that anyone who calls on the name, Jesus, will saved, and will join Him in Heaven the very second that you leave this planet we call Earth.


Did Jesus Know Why He Was Sent Here?

He Came To Save Me From The Darkness Of Sin And Evil


Jesus came into the world as a light to guide us to God the Father. From the beginning of time, God knew that He would need to send Jesus to us, to save us from our sins and ourselves. (We all have sinful natures. That makes us all victims to its power and influence, which makes us all the same. When seen in this light, we realize that, though we may all look different, speak different languages, wear different clothes, live in different cultures, whether we are rich or poor, man or woman, black or white, our sinful natures make us all equal in the eyes of God. When we ask Him to, He easily forgives us all, because to Him, our sinful natures are all the same. By this, God's Grace is equally available to all who seek Him, no matter what we have said or done in the past, or in the present. Glory to God for His great love towards us, His creation, and His children.) God knew that Adam and Eve would fail to listen to His command about not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thereby issuing sin into the human race, corrupting the holiness that He had initially created in the Garden of Eden.


When the time was right, God sent Jesus to earth in an attempt to bring us back to Him, to be made holy and righteous once more. I say attempt because, no matter how hard He tries to woo us into His arms, we ultimately have to make the decision to accept His free offer of salvation. God will not force Himself on any one who does not want Him in their lives. Sin has plunged us into a darkness we cannot get out by ourselves. But, thanks to His love and mercy, God sent a beacon of light into our world. Jesus came to show us just who God is, and who He always was and always will be.


Jesus' ministry was to tell people about the love of God, using words (truth) and miracles. In our world we have a phrase that says, "I have seen the light!" But, until you have accepted Jesus into your heart and life, you have literally never seen the light, because the light of this world is truly darkness. If we look deep inside ourselves, we would most likely see nothing but misery and pain and, yes, evil. Maybe you've tried everything from sex, drugs, or alcohol to escape the darkness you've seen inside your soul, but they never seem to really take the pain away. The world's answers are really no answers at all. If the world could solve all of its problems, don't you think we would all now be living happy, stress-free lives right this very minute? But, because of the darkness and rule of Satan in this world, it will never, ever, ever happen. Only Jesus can wipe out the darkness in your soul and give you the addiction-free, stress-free life that you've always wanted. Jesus will shine His light inside your soul faster than the light that fills a room just after you hit the switch. Give Jesus a chance to prove Himself to you. He doesn't mind showing you. Ask Him to bring you into the light of His salvation. Let Him save you from the darkness within you, and then through you, to shine His life-giving light to the world. What do you have to lose other than misery and pain?


"Scripture Marked (NIV) taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION . Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved."


1,708 Words

Bobby Bruno was saved 15 years ago in a way that left him no doubt that Jesus wanted him to reach others with His great and abounding love.  He started writing at the age of 12 and hasn't stopped since. He achieved Associates Degree in Biblical Studies from Ohio Christian University in early 2014.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print