CONFIDENCE BUILDING inspired by Jill Briscoe and myself
by sana edoja

How do we help our children to feel good about themselves! One way is to give them good information. Children who struggle with low self-worth feel unable to love themselves, or they feel they are not loved nearly enough by others. They wrestle with believing that God loves them. They often believe the world in general is against them. In fact, they are often their own worst enemies, accusing themselves of all sorts of inadequacies in the face of the challenges of life. They need biblical information in order to give the Holy Spirit an opportunity to convince them of their worth in God's sight.

Paul gives some exciting promises: "If God is for us, who can ever be against us? ... Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own?" (Romans 8:31, 33). The Holy Spirit can take those promises passed on by parents, teachers, preachers, or youth leaders and convince your children that god loves them. This is the key to building your children that God loves them. This is the key to building your children's self-worth. They need to know that however much they are down on themselves. God is up on them. They need to know that they are beloved of God. We should be sure our children are told that Jesus "died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honour next to God, pleading for us" (Romans 8:34). And God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will work in their lives to help them believe it.

Give your children the promises of God's word. It is your job to give it, and the Holy Spirit's job to use it to build your children's self-confidence. Helping our children appropriate God's truth into their lives is the best confidence builder I know. We must make sure that our children know the wonderful fact that our great God is "for us." And "if God is for us, who can ever, be against us?" (Romans 8:31).

I struggled with self-esteem for years as a child until my adulthood. Having being raised in an environment where I got spoken negative comments at school and at home, each time I failed. Fortunately, when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, He revealed to me that He loved me and He had created perfectly. He told me that I was beautiful and intelligent. Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." I could succeed in life by believing I could do everything through Christ that strengthens me. Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Blessings,

Sana Edoja


http://sanaedoja.wixsite.com/monsite/blog
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2I52MW#nav-subnav

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print